Honeymoon 2.0

1:36 PM

When we got married, Brett and I had both just started our jobs so we couldn't take a lot of time off so we spent a couple of days in Park City for our honeymoon. But we have always wanted to go somewhere tropical, so 21 months later we were finally able to take our tropical honeymoon to Hawaii!

Saturday we hiked up to Manoa Falls and even though it was 8am it was soo hot and humid! But the hike was beautiful and we were one of only a few people hiking that morning so it was nice to have it mostly to ourselves. The leaves were so green and lush, it looked like a scene out of Jurassic Park!



Sunday we attended church in Honolulu and the ward members were so kind to us! It was a small ward and we were the only visitors there. People were coming up to us and kissing us and shaking our hands, and were so welcoming. Afterwards, we drove up to Laie and visited the temple and the visitors center, it was beautiful - the pictures don't do it justice.



Monday we went to Hanauma Bay and went snorkeling. It was gorgeous! I have to admit, I was pretty nervous because the idea of a fish swimming up and touching me freaks me out (which Brett thinks is hilarious!). When I first stuck my head down the first thing I saw was an eel right in front of me so I ran back up onto the beach and had a mild panic attack, but Brett calmed me down and we were able to snorkel around for a couple of hours and it was really fun. We also went to the Polynesian Cultural Center that afternoon and that was an awesome experience. I highly recommend visiting the PCC if you're ever on Oahu!



Tuesday we went and did the movie sites tour at Kualoa Ranch which was pretty fun. We got to see where parts of Jurassic Park, LOST, 50 First Dates, Pearl Harbor and a lot of other movies and TV shows were filmed.



Wednesday morning we took a catamaran out to Turtle Canyon and went snorkeling with the turtles! It was unreal! The weather was perfect, the water was clear and we saw at least 5 or 6 turtles that came right up next to us. The catamaran was also fun and we met some great people. Even sat next to a girl who lived in Bloomington - small world!



Thursday we went kayaking around Shark's Cove and Waimea Bay which was incredible. We are definitely feeling sore after going against the wind and the current for an hour, but it was still really fun. We rewarded ourselves with the famous Matsumoto Shaved Ice! We also went to the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor which was really amazing.



Last but certainly not least, late Thursday night Brett told me he had an "errand" to run, and 45 minutes later he came back with the most delicious Pineapple drink in the world! The whole time we were in Hawaii I kept telling him "All I want is a fancy drink in a Pineapple!" and apparently they're pretty hard to find! Brett ran all over Waikiki asking different vendors if they could do that. He finally found one that was willing to make one that was non-alcoholic. It was the sweetest gesture and the perfect end to our perfect honeymoon. Brett always finds a way to surprise me and pamper me, just one of the million reasons why I love him.

Ya, I know my hair looks crazy. But I had a sunburn covering 80% of my body and I had just given up on personal appearances at that point.


We absolutely loved our experience in Hawaii and we can't wait to return and explore 
the other islands one day!

0 comments