100 Days

11:01 AM



We did it folks! We made it to 100 days of marriage! We're basically veterans now, so feel free to ask us for any advice because we're basically pros. Just kidding :)

We're still learning how to be married, and probably will be our whole lives - but we've had a blast these last 100 days. Learning to live with someone of the opposite gender has presented some challenges but mostly just a lot of laughs. Here are a few of the things we've learned about each other from each of our perspectives.


I've learned that the phrase "Are you still hungry?!" is going to be commonplace in our lives. Even after a hearty meal of vegetables, meat, rice and fruit Brett still forages through the cupboards about an hour after dinner. I always knew that boys ate more than girls, but I never realized how much. I've had to learn to adjust our grocery budget a little bit to accommodate this new discovery of mine and I've realized that we're never leaving Wendy's without ordering at least 6 items off the dollar menu for Brett. It's a learning curve, but a fun one :)

Brett's gas tank never seems to be at more than a 1/4 tank, even though he fills up all the time. And it somehow lasts him forever! It doesn't matter how far we have to drive, it seems that his 1/4 tank will get us anywhere.

Also, Brett puts ketchup on his tacos.

No matter how weird his eating habits are, he's still the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. I'm so grateful for the last 100 days, and I can't wait for the MILLION MORE!


All babies are like celebrities.  Often when Abby and I are out in public, I'll feel her squeeze my hand and whisper "Oh.  My.  Gosh."  Due to her reaction, I'll look around expecting to see a famous actor, or a dead person, or the President.  Then I'll look back at her and realize she is doing that half-smile-half-frown look that can only be caused by one thing - Babies.  Doesn't matter which baby, how tiny or what they are wearing, it is always the cutest thing she has ever seen.

Painting one's nails and baking cookies are not just for special occasions, but a vital part of the daily routine, like quenching thirst or using the restroom.   

Married life is so much better than you could ever expect it to be - even with the highest expectations. Every day I go to bed knowing I ate better, had more fun, have better self-esteem and am a better person because I get to be with Abby every day.  

4 comments

  1. I 100% agree with what Abby said. Bryan's appetite still amazes me after all these years. You are both lucky, in different ways. Glad I know you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're glad that we know you guys :) We love you!

      Delete
  2. You guys are too cool! What a fun, loving, and beautiful couple! Abby, a man's large appetite never goes away :) Living with boys (when you're used to sisters) is a totally new experience, but I love every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Meg! Boys are a WHOLE new ball game :) Can't wait to see you guys again, we might have to roadtrip it out to AZ sometime soon!

      Delete